Salem Sewer Line Repair
Maintaining Your Home's Plumbing
Sewer lines are out of sight and not something many home or business owners remember to maintain. However, they work tirelessly to remove dirty water and waste from your home or business. Like any other frequently used plumbing element in your house, sewer lines require regular maintenance for a longer structure life. Without proper maintenance, clogs can arise and lead to greater home improvement issues.
Some warning signs associated with damaged sewer lines include:
- Drain back-ups
- Clogged fixtures
- Strange sounds
Our Sewer Pipe Video Inspection Reaches Tough Places
If you are having issues with your sewer line, you may need to get it inspected and assessed before the work begins. As a licensed and seasoned sewer line inspection company in Salem, we use the latest state-of-the-art equipment to ensure you are getting the best service possible. Our video inspection cameras allow us to properly diagnose sewer pipe problems to save you time and money and to resolve your problems quickly and effectively. Not sure if you’re in need of a sewer line repair? We can always perform a video inspection first.
Who do You Call if Your Sewer Lines Back Up?
If your sewer line backs up, you should contact a licensed plumber to have it fixed. A licensed plumber will have the special tools and experience to fix it correctly, in a time efficient manner. Additionally, plumbers can quickly identify any other issues that may be lingering in your plumbing system.
What Causes Sewer Backup?
Various factors can cause a sewer to back up, including clogs or blockages in the sewer line, tree roots intruding into the line, broken or cracked pipes, or an inadequate slope. Heavy rains can also cause excess water to enter the system faster than it can be processed and cause backups. Additionally, sanitary wipes and grease buildup can contribute to blockages that lead to a backup.
Is Sewage Backup an Emergency?
A sewage backup is considered an emergency. If left untreated, it can cause significant property damage and create health hazards from the contamination. Therefore, it's important to address the issue immediately by calling Evergreen Plumbing & Mechanical today and letting our professionals help.
5 Signs You Need Sewer Repair
Recognizing the signs of sewer problems can help you save your property before they escalate into costly and hazardous situations. Here are five telltale signs that indicate you may need sewer repair:
- Slow draining fixtures: If sinks, bathtubs, or toilets take longer than usual to drain, it could indicate a blockage or damage in the sewer line. Multiple fixtures showing slow drainage simultaneously suggest a more extensive sewer issue.
- Foul odors: Foul sewage odors in and around your property, especially near drains or in the yard, are a clear indication of a sewer problem. The presence of sewage smell should never be ignored as it could point to a break or leak in the sewer line.
- Unusual noises: Gurgling or bubbling sounds emanating from drains when using water appliances could indicate air trapped in the sewer line. This often occurs due to clogs or damage, signifying the need for immediate attention.
- Sewage backups: If sewage backs up into your sinks, bathtubs, or toilets, it is a serious issue that requires immediate professional intervention. This can lead to unsanitary conditions and pose health risks to anyone living in the house.
- Lush patches in the yard: While green patches in your yard may seem appealing, unusually lush and green areas could indicate a sewage leak beneath the surface. Sewage acts as a fertilizer for plants, causing them to grow excessively in affected areas.
If you notice any of these signs, call our Salem sewer line repair team as soon as possible. Addressing sewer problems early can save you from extensive property damage, health hazards, and costly repairs down the line.
Though sewer lines can last a long time without maintenance, they are not immune to wear and tear. Typical sewer lines can last up to 50 or 60 years before needing to be replaced. When they start to show warning signs, it’s crucial to immediately devote attention to them to asses the situation. Ignoring the problem will only make matters worse and lead to more costly repairs down the line. Our commercial and residential sewer line plumbing experts are ready to address all sewer related issues and have been providing sewer line repairs for nearly 20 years, making us the top plumbers in Salem, Oregon.
Residential & Commercial Services
Technicians Are Licensed & Insured
Family Owned & Operated
Gay Lynn B.
“I hired them for a second job a couple of weeks later and they were great then as well.”