Plumbing Remodel in Salem
Make Your Bathroom & Kitchen Renovation a Reality
Plumbing remodel projects can be daunting. They require so much more than just taking down a wall, installing a new sink, or replacing an old toilet.
The pipes in your home are a complicated maze that needs to be handled with care.
Our plumbers at Evergreen Plumbing & Mechanical have the experience, tools, and techniques to successfully guide you through any plumbing remodel services in Salem.
Whether it’s a bathroom remodel or a new addition to your home, we tackle every project with precision and professionalism.
Some common remodeling projects include:
- Kitchen renovations
- Bathroom expansions
- Bedroom additions
When Is It a Good Time to Replace Old Pipes?
Replacing old pipes is a good idea when they show signs of deterioration or when they are causing recurring problems in your plumbing system.
Here are some key indicators of when it might be a good time to replace old pipes:
- Frequent Leaks: If you experience frequent pipe leaks, even after repairs, it's a clear sign that the pipes are deteriorating. Leaks can lead to water damage and mold growth, so addressing this issue promptly is important.
- Remodeling or Renovation: If you're planning a significant renovation or remodeling project that involves changing the layout of your plumbing or adding new fixtures, it's an ideal time to replace old pipes since the walls and floors will likely be opened up anyway.
- Corrosion: Corroded pipes are a common problem in older homes with metal pipes. Signs of corrosion include discolored water, rust stains, and a metallic taste or odor in your water. If you notice these signs, it's time to consider replacement.
- Reduced Water Pressure: If your water pressure has significantly decreased over time, old pipes may be to blame. Corrosion, mineral buildup, or pipe narrowing due to rust can restrict water flow.
- Water Discoloration: If your tap water is frequently discolored, it could indicate rust or sediment buildup in the pipes. While occasional discoloration can be caused by municipal water issues, persistent problems suggest internal pipe problems.
- Lead or Galvanized Pipes: If your home has lead or galvanized steel pipes, it's advisable to replace them. Lead pipes can leach harmful lead into your drinking water, while galvanized pipes tend to corrode and become clogged over time.
- Frequent Clogs: Old pipes can accumulate mineral deposits and debris over time, leading to frequent clogs in drains. If you're dealing with persistent drain issues, it might be due to the condition of your pipes.
- Bad Odors: Foul or sewage-like odors emanating from your drains can indicate sewage pipe problems or inadequate venting. This can be a health hazard and should be addressed promptly.
- Outdated Material: If your home has plumbing made from outdated or banned materials like polybutylene, clay, or Orangeburg pipes, it's wise to replace them with modern, more durable materials.
- Frequent Repairs: If you find yourself repeatedly calling plumbers to repair different sections of your plumbing, it might be more cost-effective in the long run to replace the entire system.
- Safety Concerns: If you have concerns about the safety of your drinking water due to old or deteriorating pipes, especially if you have young children or elderly family members, replacing the pipes can provide peace of mind.
When considering pipe replacement, it's essential to consult with a licensed plumber who can assess the condition of your plumbing system and recommend the best course of action.
They can help you choose appropriate materials, ensure compliance with local building codes, and provide a timeline and cost estimate for the replacement project.
What Happens if You Never Upgrade Your Plumbing Fixtures?
Pipes leaking in walls or floors can lead to mold and warping of flooring or even your foundation. Left untreated, these situations can lead to future complications.
Our plumbing team recommends confronting these issues before they become costly headaches.
We can assist you with replacing leaky pipes, outdated shower stalls, and any other remodel project at hand.
When the project is finished, we promise to restore your home to the way it was before- if not better.
Evergreen Plumbing & Mechanical is a family-owned company that has been serving the Salem community for nearly 20 years. We pride ourselves on providing reliable and cost-efficient solutions for our customers.
As homeowners ourselves, we understand the stress that home projects can take on you and your family.
That’s why we want to provide a seamless experience that will leave you completely satisfied. We offer estimates of all our services.
We will provide you with a comprehensive plan of action for your remodeling project and answer any questions you may have.
For financing options, be sure to check out what is currently available to reduce upfront cost and make the process more affordable.
Residential & Commercial Services
Technicians Are Licensed & Insured
Family Owned & Operated
Gay Lynn B.
“I hired them for a second job a couple of weeks later and they were great then as well.”